Monday, November 23, 2009

Corley King, You are an Ironman!

Green Member: Corley King

Event:  Ironman Florida

Location: Panama City, Florida

Class (yours): 25-29

Results: Finished at 16 hours and 54min

Local Knowledge and Conditions: Its was flat but windy

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up: Stay very relaxed and get my meals in that i needed

Psychology: I wanted to quit but told myself to get over it and finish

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned): That Ironman is the most emotional experience beside getting married ever and the moost painful too.

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): To lose weight and become one of the top clydales in the metroplex my goal weight is around 215 by the begining of next season.

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration):  I took carbopro and gatorade endurance mix on the bike and it helped but i had trouble keeping the clif bars down which hurt me on the run.  I was supposed to have 8 clif bars and i could only put 1 down.  So i tried to take as many gel shots on the bike to make up for that .

Something funny that happened:  Nothing that i can remember but i was also in more pain than i could remember.
 
 But i want to thank everybody on the team for there support with out yall i wouldnt have finished. I love this team and proud of everybody on the team.

No comments: