Monday, August 23, 2010

Michael Stampley at Kiwanis Tri-Rock Race Recap

Green Member: Michael Stampley

Event: Tri Rock

Location: Rockwall

Class (yours): M 40-44

Results: 1st AG

Local Knowledge and Conditions: Conditions were HOT!!! The course was the same as the Rotary so I knew it already, but I had put out of my mind the rolling......I was like I don't remember these!~

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up: Keeping my same mentality as I have all year...race my race and try to have fun. Warmed up w/ a good run and stretching.

Psychology: Since it is a sprint, I wanted to push it, but honestly the heat has be a bit skittish. Have not been able to get out in it as much as I probably should have/be so lots of gym training.

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned): I think I can push a little harder depite of the heat.

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): I need to eat a little better and drop a few pounds.

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): I was hydrated, and my base fitness carried me on this race.

Something funny that happened: More annoying than funny. During the swim, I caught up with a competitor and they were swimming in the middle of the lane, so I took the inside path to pass, well they squeezed me out so I tried the other side and then snaked over to block my pass! I managed to bully by and got the pass but it was very annoying! I won't name the team sadi racer was on, but I give you 3 guesses and the 1st 2 don't
 count!:)
 
****On a more positive note: It was really cool to see 4 of the top 5 people running towards the finish (and really close to each other) were ProSoapers and one after the other come across the line.
 

Glad To Be Here!

No comments: