Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Scott Schuster @ US Open... Where are my goggles?


Green Member: Scott Schuster
Event: Toyota US Open. Olympic

Location: Rockwall

Class (yours): 45-49 M

Results: 32nd

Local Knowledge and Conditions: Perfect weather on the lake.  A tad warm by run time but not gonna complain

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up: Stretch, stretch stretch day befrore and morning of.  I am seeing and feeling imporvements with more flexibility. 

Psychology: A little more speed in swim and then back off bike a bit and save some for the run

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned): Glad I backed off a bit on bike for the run because it was a hilly run for me.  Not used to the hills so tried to cramp but did not.  Balance was good but the swim is still way too slow.

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): Swim.  Gotta get my technique/form established.  Spotting is off as well.

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): Grabbed a couple gues on run.  All good

Something funny that happened: First,,,,Could not keep in line on the swim.  I have never wandered so much.  Probably added 200 yards.  Kept veering off to right after the first turn torwards Weekenders.  Maybe that is a clue.  Second.  Could not remember to take off  the swim goggles.  Wore them on the bike and got caught up on chin while looking up several times.  Told myself to get rid of them 5 times while running through T2.  Took off on run and there they were bouncing up and hittin my chin.  I figured they weren't doing that good at spotting or speed so they got tossed.

No comments: