Monday, September 14, 2009

Brett Bartlett @ Rose City Triathlon

Green Member: Brett Bartlett

Event: Rose City Triathlon

Location: Tyler, TX

Class (yours): M 30-34

Results: 3rd AG

Local Knowledge and Conditions: Great course! Fast bike with several rollers and a run course that is flat as a pancake. Very spectator friendly.

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up: light swim in lake prior to race start

Psychology: Be careful in the rain and have fun

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned): Don't start the swim to fast.

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): Need to work on pacing.

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): I did the Freedom Run 5k the Thrs. before, so I was expecting my legs to be a little sore, but they weren't to bad.

Something funny that happened: I was going down a hill around 33mph and the referee motorcycle pulled out a little ways in front of me. I had to pump the brakes and ended up passing them on the left. When they pulled up next to me I asked, "since you guys impeded my right of way do I get a 2 min deduction?" He laughed, apologized and gave me a stern NO.

No comments: