Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mason Randall - King of the Spring season 5k. Plus an Overall Win! Recaps on the blog.

Green Member:  Mason Randall

Event: Heart of Heath 5k    

Location: Heath 

Class (yours):  

Results: 9th overall.  Time of 18:55

Local Knowledge and Conditions:

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up:  Goal was to finish under 19 minutes

Psychology: 

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned): It helped to have my good friend Jeff Jacobs on my heals for most of the race.

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement):  I am working on getting quicker on my finishing mile.  This was just a fast training run for me.

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): 

Something funny that happened: 

Glad To Be Here!


Green Member:  Mason Randall    

Event: Warrior Dash     

Location:  Forney TX

Class (yours):30-34

Results: 25th out of 18,000.  3rd in age group.

Local Knowledge and Conditions:  Warm, muddy, tons of people

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up:  Get out fast in my wave of 500 so I am not slowed down by anyone

Psychology: 

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned):  Learned it is hard to run fast with mud stuck to my shoes

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement):  Next time I will wear spikes in a run like this.

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): 

Something funny that happened: Ended up with my ear and bellybutton full of mud

Glad To Be Here!

Green Member:  Mason Randall    

Event: Green Door 5K

Location:Rockwall.  Harry Meyers Park

Class (yours):  

Results: 1st overall.  19:15?

Local Knowledge and Conditions:  Hilly and windy 5K

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up:  Good 20 minute warm up.  Strategy was to get out in front and win the race

Psychology: 

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned):  Was reminded work harder when running out front.  It was easy to ease off my pace.


Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement):

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): 

Something funny that happened: 

Glad To Be Here!

No comments: