Monday, August 23, 2010

Dian Fiala at Tri-Rock on Sunday. Race Recap!

Event: Tri Rock

 Location:  Rockwall

 Class (yours):  F 40-44

 Results: 2nd AG

 Local Knowledge and Conditions:  Been here, done this

 Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up:  after setting up I socialized with TEAM!  short run and 200m swim . .  .I love team spirit!!

 Psychology:  GREAT!!!!  (and nervous!!)

 Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned): always . . need to learn to PUSH harder!!  don't think I've ever met that threshold yet!

 Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): One day I want to bring home the first place "boulder" instead of the "rock"!!

 Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): all great, but the heat sure was a factor in the SLOW run time

 Something funny that happened: At the 1/2 point run turn around the volunteer comented that I was about the 15th Pro-Soap"er" he had seen - and ya'll are all in FIRST!! HEE!! I wish we could all be in first . .but I'll take what I can get!!  Congrats to the TEAM!!!  Wow!!! Proud to be a part of such an amazing groups of athletes!!



No comments: