Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mason Randall - Tri-Rock Race Recap... Preparing for 140.6 Arizona

Green Member:  Mason Randall


Event: Tri Rock

Location:  Rockwall

Class (yours):  35-39

Results: 5th overall and 2nd in age group

Local Knowledge and Conditions:  I enjoyed the conditions.  On the warm side, but a great day for a race.

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up:  Most of my training had been longer distances at a very slow and steady pace.  I spent several workouts the week prior getting my body ready to push hard for an hour.

Psychology: Fast training day.  My goal for the day was to push hard on the swim and the bike and have a solid run.  All my tri training currently is focus on a good swim and bike with a solid run to finish.  A run where I am in control.

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned):  Learned to increase my cadence in all three.  Quicker turnover.

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): Getting off the bike I could see all the guys in front of me.  I would like to pick up a little more ground in the run.

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): Those are close to where I want them to be right now in my training.

Something funny that happened: Someone told me they could see my butt crack through my shorts.  

Glad To Be Here!

No comments: