Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tim Hartley's Race Recap. THE US Open. Rockwall, Texas. Go Tri-ProSoap.com!

Green Member:  Tim Hartley

 

Event: Toyota US Open - sprint


Location: Rockwall


Class (yours):  Clydesdale 40 +


Results: 3rd place


Local Knowledge and Conditions:  Great day for a race. 


Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up:  Stay away from the sharks.  Find my bike rack marker.  Keep a good rythym on the run start. 


Psychology: Remember that I'm racing for fun.  Injuries this year meant that I couldn't achieve my goals.  But, I can still be thankful and enjoy one last race. 


Race Break Down -
Swim -  Good start.  Kept away from the sharks.  Sighted real well - very little extra distance.
Bike - Liked the hills at the start.  Got into a decent cadence but just didn't have the power or stamina today.
Run - Surprised myself!  This race was the third time I'd run since July 5.  Felt great - during the race.


Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned):  There is no substitute for training.


Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement):  Work this off-season for a solid base for next season.  Improve swimming form and speed.


Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration):


Something funny that happened:


Glad To Be Here!

No comments: