Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Jerry Lewis - Recap from Clearwater FL Ironman 70.3 World Championships

Green Member:  Jerry Lewis

Event:  70.3 World Championships

Location:Clearwater

Class (yours): 40-44 age group

Results: 90th

Local Knowledge and Conditions: Beautiful day and a great venue and beautiful city. Ocean was a little rough but not to bad

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up: Had plenty of time to get ready becase I didn't start until 50 minutes after the first wave

Psychology: I had done this race one other time so its not always the same as the first time and had some ahilles issues on both feet so I was looking forward to get this race past me but was excited and thankful to be there at the same time

Race break down:
Swim- 34 minutes
T1-pretty smooth, volunteers were awesome
Bike- 2:14 after about mile 30 the drafting groups were ridiculous and there was no where to go but with a group
T2- smooth; had to use bathroom but I was a new man after that
Run- 1:43  stomach bothered me the first 5 miles so unable to eat but started feeling better the last 10K and was able to run pretty well then. We had to run over the causeway bridge twice and that hill was very steep and not fun. The rest of the entire course was pancake flat with great support.

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned): To enjoy the moment

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): need to work on swim and my swim. Would love to pick up some speed on the run but hitting 40 makes that difficult

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): Had a great coach to help me get there and thank you Michael Dawdy for all your support and instruction to help me reach my goals

Something funny that happened: I ran briefly with a guy on the second lap of the run and he asked me if I was pro (that is funny) and then he asked me where the finish line was? I told him it was about a mile back...he then turned around and ran back because he already did 2 laps! I hope he enjoyed his 15 mile run.

Glad To Be Here!

No comments: