Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Greg Diamond @ Disco Sprint


Green Member: Greg Diamond

Class (yours): Male 35-39

Results: 5th age group

Local Knowledge and Conditions: Raced this course a few times. Great weather.

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up: PB&J in between whole wheat waffles. MMM! No warm up, just chit chat with friends.

Psychology: Suck it up and get after it. Short race, so redline and push hard.

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned): It doesn't matter which race you enter, you will always find those individuals who refuse to follow the rules simply to get ahead. Saw 3 Loncar guys drafting in full rotation from about mile 12 to 18. Probably were doing it the whole time, but they came flying by me around 12. Of course, I'm not letting that go on without a word of "encouragement" for their efforts. I rose up out of the saddle and put the hammer down to catch them. I then politely asked if this was an ITU race b/c I didn't see the note. Pure silence from all of them. I just laughed, fell back to the mandatory 3 bike lengths and let 'em go.

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): Need to swim more...duh. The last time I swam was at CapTex in May. Having to work that hard in the water carries over to the bike/run. However, very happy with my splits considering.

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): 1 gel, 1 bottle of water. Fitness level is above average. Like I've stated before, I'm now 12 lbs heavier this year than I was at this point in the race season last year. Can tell on the run, but not so much that I want to drop the weight to shave a few seconds off per mile. Training properly will solve that problem.

Something funny that happened: Love the looks we get in transition when wearing our "Talk Dirty to Me" tees. Just waiting for someone to actually engage me in that very topic. HAHA!
Very proud of the team participation at Disco and the placings of Heather, Barry, Billy and Steve. When a team can go out and represent like that, people take notice. Great job team!

Glad To Be Here!

No comments: