Friday, August 27, 2010

FRITO SPEEDO Heather Diamond at the Tri-Rock Sprint!

HEATHER DIAMOND --- FRITO SPEEDO!!!! 
Event: Tri Rock

Location:  Rockwall

Class (yours):  35-39

Results: 2nd Overall/1st AG

Local Knowledge and Conditions:  Nice day!

Pre-Race Strategy & Warm Up:  Strategy?  Warm Up?  I do good just to be there on time!  I did have my all time favorite breakfast though... Waffle Sandwich!  2 whole grain waffles with almond butter, strawberry jelly, and sliced banana!

Psychology: Go hard!  Don't push too hard in the swim (don't want to wear myself out)!  Go as hard as I can on the bike... and leave anything left out on the run!

Lessons Learned (Or Re-Learned):  Remember to start the Garmin correctly at the begining of the run!

Future Goals (include skills executed well and skills needing improvement): I was very happy with the performance.  One day, I'd like to get a run pace that starts with a 6... may not ever happen, but I'm going to try!

Fitness (endurance, nutrition, hydration): Fitness and endurance are pretty good because I have the best coach out there (Max-VO2)... and for nutrition, did I mention that waffle sandwich?

Something funny that happened:  Not really funny, but it was lots of fun out there with a sea of green and white!  I love being out on the course and seeing all my teammates!
 
Personal:  It is a real joy to be hurting at the end of the run, but look up the road to see my husband (Bass Master Flash) and the prettiest little princess ever yelling as loudly as she can "Go Mommy Go"!  I was able to push just a little harder to the end!

No comments: